Student Web Portal: https://kings.titaniumhwc.com/Hwc/
College students experience important emotional, moral, and professional discovery and growth while earning their academic degrees. The goal of our Counseling Center is to: assist students with any difficulties in their personal development; help students discover in themselves their own strengths and values, wheather personal, social, or spiritual; and apply these to their inner-self organization, their relationships, their life goals, their work, and their studies.
All students have access to qualified and competent licensed mental health clinicians, all of whom are capable of providing students with short-term equitable, sensitive and confidential support. These counseling services are provided in a comfortable and private office environment on campus at no charge to the student. The clinician is responsible for student charting and record keeping; and, a student's written permission is required to release information to other relevant parties. Upon consultation(s) with a student, should the clinician find that the student's specific counseling needs might be better served by an outside provider, the student will be referred to an appropriate local resource.
A student is encouraged to make an appointment to see a Counseling Center clinician if they are experiencing difficulty in:
- Making a smooth transition to the college atmoshere
- Clarifying individual personal or professional goals
- Managing stress or dealing with anxiety
- Feelings of loneliness or depression
- Roommate issues or conflicts
- Solving family conflict
- Personal Identity questions
- Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
- Controlling food and/or substance intake
Counseling Center Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
The Counseling Center is located in Room A620, 6th floor of the Administration Building.
Walk-ins are accepted for emergency/crisis situations.
Appointments are preferred and may be made by:
- Calling (570) 208-5873 or dialing ext. 5873 from a campus phone
- Emailing email@example.com
- Clicking on our online portal and making an appointment (click on the make an appointment tab) https://kings.titaniumhwc.com/Hwc/
133 N. River St.
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
phone: (570) 208-5873
fax: (570) 208-6048