If you are interested in registering for fall 2023 classes please contact: Michelle Landon at 570-208-8390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course descriptions are available here.
Gifted high school seniors, and in some instances, juniors, may take up to 6 credits per semester at $183 per class ($61 per credit) in first-year or introductory-level courses during the academic year (fall and spring) and in the summer at King's College. The purpose is to orient talented local high school students to the college environment and to provide each student with an extensive, challenging experience in an academic discipline.
Follow the steps below (preferred deadline for Fall 2023 start is: May 1, 2023):
- To qualify for the program, high school seniors should be in the top 20% of their class, and juniors in the top 10% of their class.
- Students need to complete the registration form for the program (provide one or two class selections, three alternatives). We assign classes on a first come, first serve basis.
- Request your transcript be sent by your School counselor to email@example.com
- Your class schedule will be ready by mid-May. You will receive access to your schedule via email. Your School Counseling office will also receive your schedule via email.
- A few weeks later, you will get an email with the following details: Parking, Student ID, and Orientation Date.
King's faculty and staff: If your son or daughter is interested in participating in the Young Scholars program, please have them register for the program and then reach out to Young Scholars program coordinator Michelle Landon for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
The college also offers a limited of classes via Distance Education for students who live outside the local area. These classes are offered via videoconferencing through the high schools, so students would need to check with their high schools to see if they have the capability to receive a class via videoconferencing.