- Registration for returning Young Scholars
- Registration for new Young Scholars
- Young Scholars Course Schedule, Spring 2024
- Young Scholars Course Descriptions
Gifted high school seniors, and in some instances, juniors, may take up to 6 credits per semester at $183 per class ($61 per credit) in first-year or introductory-level courses during the academic year (fall and spring) and in the summer at King's College. The purpose is to orient talented local high school students to the college environment and to provide each student with an extensive, challenging experience in an academic discipline.
Follow the steps below:
- To qualify for the program, high school seniors should be in the top 20% of their class, and juniors in the top 10% of their class.
- We prefer that students complete the registration form for the program (provide one or two class selections, three alternatives) by November 15. We assign classes on a first come, first serve basis. The last day we can accept a late registration is January 5.
- Request your transcript be sent by your school counselor to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your class schedule will be emailed by December 15. Your school counseling office will also receive your schedule via email.
- A few weeks later, you will get an email with the following details: Parking, Student ID, and Orientation Date.
King's faculty and staff: If your son or daughter is interested in participating in the Young Scholars program, please have them register for the program and then reach out to Young Scholars program coordinator Michelle Landon for more information at email@example.com
The college also offers a limited of classes via Distance Education for students who live outside the local area. These classes are offered via videoconferencing through the high schools, so students would need to check with their high schools to see if they have the capability to receive a class via videoconferencing.