As part of the College’s current Strategic Plan, the Presidential Committee on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion was established and has developed the following goal and objectives.
Strategic Plan Goal 1: Advance diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives across the College.
1.1 Diversity and Inclusion Objective: Raise awareness of the various types of diversity in our community and emphasize the value of diversity and inclusion as part of our mission.
- 1.1.1 Expand and improve student engagement programs on diversity/intercultural learning through inter-office collaboration rooted in study of college data and evidence-based practices on student success
- 1.1.2 Develop and implement a more centralized method of informing the college community about DEI principles and activities
1.2 Equity Objective: Develop strategies to address pressing structural inequities related to identity characteristics such as race and socioeconomic status.
- 1.2.1 Develop comprehensive diversity, equity, and inclusion-oriented strategies for first year students facing structural barriers to success, coordinated with offices currently working on related diversity, equity, and inclusion approaches and initiatives
- 1.2.2 Recommend effective recruitment and hiring practices to develop a more diverse staff and faculty
President’s DEI Committee Members
- Jasmine Giddings, Director of Multicultural and International Student Programs
- William Bolan, Ph.D., Director of the Shoval Center for Community Engagement
- Jess Huda, Assistant Athletic Director
- Ayesha Ray, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Political Science
- Victoria Estrada-Reynolds, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychology
Student Government Representatives
- Teone Sherrod
- Carlos Contreras
- Rev. Daniel Issing, C.S.C., Associate Professor of Theology
- Jahmeel Powers, Visiting Professor, Theatre Department
- Robin Field, Ph.D., Professor of English
- Jennifer Dessoye, O.T.D., M.S., O.T.R./L., Director of Occupational Therapy
- Isaac VonRue, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry
- Kelly Lettieri, Director, Achievement Plus & International Student Services
- Sheri Yech, Director of Academic Skills Center
- Dafne Paramo, Director of Hispanic Outreach Program
- Rochelle Plummer, M.S., M.A., Associate Vice President for Academic Success