Q. What forms do I need to complete?

A.You need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15,. You and your parents (if you are a dependent student) will need to provide information about your income, assets, household size and number in college. The FAFSA cannot be completed until after October 1. You may complete the FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov or on a hard copy. FAFSA forms are also available in your high school guidance office.

Q. Do I have to wait until I am accepted to King's before I apply for aid?

A.No, you may apply before you are accepted, but you will not receive a financial aid award letter until you are accepted. We encourage you to apply even if you are not accepted yet so that we may process your aid application as soon as possible upon your acceptance.

Q. What is the King's College deadline date for financial aid applications?

A.King's College has a preferred filing deadline of February 15. for incoming first-year students. We ask that you file early so that we can get the results of your FAFSA and notify you of your eligibility beginning in early December. All current students are asked to complete their applications by May 1.

Q. Does King's College offer academic scholarships and how do I apply for them?

A. Yes, King's College offers academic scholarships. You are automatically considered for scholarship when you have applied and been accepted for admission to King's. No additional applications are required.

Q. What is the King's College federal school code for the FAFSA?

A. 003282

Q. What are my chances of receiving financial aid and/or a scholarship at King's College?

A. Over 99% of the Fall 2017 freshman class received some type of assistance from King's College. 87% of those freshmen who applied and were eligible received need-based aid. The average King's College scholarship was $18,589 with awards ranging up to $27, 680--taking a significant amount of the financial obligation away from your family. Overall, over $22 million dollars of King's College funds assisted 94% of all full-time undergraduates in 2017-2018.

Q. How is financial need determined?

A. Financial need is determined by subtracting your EFC (Expected Family Contribution as determined by the FAFSA) from the total cost of education for the year. Since cost varies among colleges and universities, your need will also vary from one institution to another. Your EFC, however, may stay approximately the same at all colleges and universities. Therefore, it is likely that a student will receive more assistance at a higher cost private institution compared to a less expensive public college because the student's financial need will be higher at a private institution. The EFC is influenced by many factors, including parents' and student's income and assets, the household size, and the number enrolled in college. You may get an estimate of your EFC on the internet at: www.finaid.org/finaid/calculators/finaidestimate.phtml

Q. What financial aid is available at King's College?

A. There are many different programs available including the King's College scholarships and need-based grants, federal campus-based programs such as SEOG Grants and federal work-study, the federal Pell Grant and federal Stafford and PLUS Loans. Most King's College students receive a combination of merit-based scholarships, need-based grants, need-based loans and student employment. Go to scholarship and financial aid for a complete listing of aid programs at King's.

Q. Is there an income cut-off for financial aid?

A. No, there is no income cut-off for financial aid. While income is a factor when determining eligibility for need-based aid, there are other factors also taken into account, such as household size, number in college, and the age of the oldest parent. We strongly recommend that all students file for aid in order for their eligibility to be evaluated using all of the necessary information.

Q. When and how will I find out how much aid I can receive?

A. In early March, the Financial Aid Office will begin to send out award letters to students who have been accepted for admission and who has completed the FAFSA. We will notify you of your eligibility for all assistance including scholarships in a financial aid award letter. You will also receive a brochure explaining among other things, the aid programs, requirements for their continued receipt and cost. We will continue to mail award letters on an ongoing basis, as students are accepted and their financial aid files become complete.

Q. What if my family's financial situation changes after we've completed the applications?

A.Contact the Financial Aid Office and we'll tell you what you need to do in order to be evaluated based on the change in circumstances. You will most likely have to complete some additional forms. But as a result, you may be eligible for additional assistance.

Q. If my parents are divorced or separated, whose information is reported on the financial aid applications?

A. The custodial parent is the parent that must complete the FAFSA. If the custodial parent has remarried, then the stepparent's financial information must also be provided.

Q. Will I receive the same amount of financial aid each year?

A. King's College scholarships and grants will be renewed for each year that you are a full-time undergraduate as long as you continue to meet satisfactory academic progress requirements. Eligibility for federal and state aid will be reevaluated each year. You will be required to complete a Renewal FAFSA each year so that eligibility for federal and state aid can be determined. Eligibility may change as information on the FAFSA changes from one year to the next.

Q. What happens if I receive outside scholarships?

A. You must notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships you've been awarded. We need to know the source and amount of the scholarship and if it is a renewable or one-time only award. Outside scholarships will first be used to meet any unmet financial need. If the financial need has been met and the student is receiving federal and/or state aid, the outside award will first be used to reduce or replace federal loan or work-study eligibility. Outside awards will not reduce or replace any King's College merit-based scholarships.