Upon acceptance to King's College, merit evaluation automatically occurs, and a separate application is not required. As an SAT/ACT optional school, you do not need to submit your scores. However, in doing so, your eligibility for scholarships and awards will be reviewed on an individual basis. Scholarship and award notification is announced in each acceptance letter. The following merit scholarship and award information is updated for the Fall 2022 entry term.
PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP (FULL TUITION)
The full-tuition Presidential Scholarship is awarded to only the top 5% of applicants to King's College. Consideration for this prestigious award is based on the following selection criteria reviewed by the Scholarship Committee:
- Meets Academic Criteria: The student demonstrates exemplary leadership, scholastic achievement, extracurricular activities, and/or community service.
- Meets King's College application requirements by December 1: The application is submitted by the deadline and includes official high school transcripts, and, if not applying "test optional," SAT (minimum 1310) or ACT (minimum 28) scores.
- Meets minimum of recalculated 3.8 GPA: King's College recalculates high school GPA to include classes only in mathematics, science, English, history, and foreign language.
- Submits FAFSA application with King's College by December 1: The FAFSA application is available after October 1. Use King's College code 003282 to apply.
If identified, students will be invited to apply for the Presidential Scholarship opportunity by December 22, and, if chosen, will be invited to attend an interview for scholarship consideration. The Presidential Scholarship is non-transferable and covers any increase in tuition for four years (eight semesters) of undergraduate academic study at King's College*.
*Alternatively, the scholarship covers three years (six semester) for students participating in any partnership or dual enrollment programs (e.g., 3+2 or 3+3).
MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS (UP TO $25,000)
First-time, Full-time Undergraduate Scholarships
King's College offers merit scholarships based on a student's academic success in high school. The following scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance and are renewable for up to eight fall/spring undergraduate semesters as long as students maintain the required GPA. Merit-based scholarships are financial awards that do not need to be paid back..
- Christ the King Scholarship ($25,000)
- Blessed Basil Moreau Scholarship ($24,000)
- St. Joseph Scholarship ($23,000)
- St. Andre Bessette Scholarship ($22,000)
- Father James Connerton Scholarship ($21,000)
- Royal Regent Award ($20,000)
- Monarch Achievement Award ($18,000)
Transfer Undergraduate Scholarships
- Moreau Scholarship ($21,000)
- Christi Regis Scholarship ($20,000)
- Deprizio Award ($18,000)
ARMY AND AIR FORCE (UP TO FULL TUITION)
Army ROTC Scholarships
Four-year Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) scholarships or three-year advanced designee scholarships provide free room and board upon enrollment. Scholarship benefits award up to full tuition, $900 for books, and a monthly stipend ranging from $300 per month for freshmen to $500 per month for seniors. Contact the Military Science Department at King's College at (570) 208-5900 ext. 5305 for additional information or email email@example.com.
Air Force ROTC Scholarships
Air Force ROTC scholarships are available to qualified applicants enrolled in the Air Force ROTC program. Awards provide full tuition, laboratory and incidental fees, and reimbursement of curriculum required textbooks. Call (570) 408-4860 or 1-800-945-5378 or visit www.afrotc.com for more information.