If you are interested in obtaining financial aid while pursuing your education at King’s College, the following information will be of great importance to you. 

To apply for all types of financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The application is available on line at studentaid.gov.  In order to electronically sign the online application,  you will need to obtain a Federal Student Aid Idenitifcation (FSAID).  The student and one parent can create the FSAID online at studentaid.gov.

To receive financial aid, including Federal Direct Stafford Loans, the following general requirements must be met:  

  • Student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
  • Be formally admitted to King’s College. 
  • Be registered for at least 6 credits per semester for federal direct Stafford loans. 

When completing the FAFSA, please list King’s College Title IV College Code: 003282 on your FAFSA. This will enable the electronic transmission of your information to our Financial Aid Office approximately 2 weeks after you submit the information.  At that time, you will receive an outcome document called the Student Aid Report (SAR). You will be instructed to read through the information and make any necessary corrections.

The SAR will also serve to inform you of Federal Pell grant eligibility and notify you if you are selected for Federal Verification.  If selected for verification, you will need to provide our financial aid office with income information. The Financial Aid Director will request this information prior to processing your student loans or crediting grants to your account. Federal regulations prohibit the crediting of financial aid to your account until this process has been completed.  

By completing the FAFSA, you have applied to the Federal and state governments for grant assistance.  Please note the filing deadlines on the FAFSA.  Applications submitted after the deadlines may not be considered.

Please be advised that the FAFSA is renewable annually.  You will need to file after October 1 of each year.  Since the information reported on the FAFSA is always based on prior year income, you should notify the Financial Aid Office in writing of any special conditions such as recent separation/divorce, income reduction, and medical/dental expenses not covered by insurance.  Upon review, you will be notified in writing of any adjustments to your financial aid.

Please be aware that your financial aid may need to be adjusted after your initial award based on certain changes.  Changes in your course registration, withdrawing from the college, housing status and changes resulting from federal verification most commonly result in grant increases/reductions and shifts from subsidized to unsubsidized federal direct Stafford loans. It is strongly recommended you contact the financial aid office directly before you alter your course registration. Dropping and/or adding courses may affect your billing and financial aid.


Federal Pell Grant

Students who are financially eligible and have not completed a bachelor’s degree must be enrolled for a minimum of 3 credits in order to receive Federal Pell Grant Assistance.  The award amount is variable depending on the student’s financial need and number of credits in a given semester.  Pell grants are normally available during the fall and spring semesters.  Some students may qualify for summer pell grants. 

(Graduate students including Professional level Physicians Assistant and 2nd Bachelor degree students are not eligible for Pell Grants.)

State Grant Assistance

Generally, students who are financially eligible and have not completed a bachelor’s degree must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits to be eligible.  The state grant program limits full-time students to 8 semesters of eligibility and part-time students to 16 semesters of eligibility. 

Pennsylvania’s State Grant Program is administered by PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency).   The deadline for consideration of Pennsylvania State Grant Assistance is May 1 preceding the academic year in question, i.e. May 1, 2023 for the 2023-24 academic year. State grant award amounts are determined by PHEAA and are subject to adjustments based on changes in course registration.