ABOUT THE PRESIDENT
Rev. John Ryan, C.S.C., Ph.D.
President, King's College
On behalf of the entire King's College family, I am pleased to welcome you to our award winning community. Our community is proud of our recognized track record of academic, professional, and service excellence as reported in various major publications and foundations:
- U.S. News & World Report ranked King's among America's best colleges for 17 straight years.
- Barron's Best Buys in College Education selected King's among the nation's top colleges for its ninth consecutive edition
- The Princeton Review named King's College "A Best in the Northeast " College on its website and book "The Best Northeastern Colleges - 2011 Edition."
- The American Association of Colleges and Universities Greater Expectations Initiative selected King's as one of only 16 Leadership Institutions nationwide.
- John Templeton Foundation Honor Roll for Character-Building Colleges placed King's among a select group of 100 colleges and universities in the country to be named three times to the honor roll.
- President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll recognized King's for over 92,000 hours of community service.
- Forbes magazine ranked King's amongst the United States' best colleges and universities in its America's Best Colleges 2010 listing.
- 2011 College Access & Opportunity Guide has selected King's for inclusion because "King's is working to help low-income, first-generation college-bound students make their college dreams a reality."
- Washington Monthly magazine has recognized King's among the best bachelor and master degree granting institutions in the country in rankings which stress service to the community and social mobility of the student body.
As proud as we are of our ability to educate the mind, we are equally proud of our ability to educate the heart. Preparing students for meaningful and purposeful lives is at the core of our school's mission. We invite you to join us on that mission. What could be more exciting and rewarding than to fall in love! To fall in love with learning, a career choice, vocation, truth, beauty, goodness, God and others is the path by which we hope to journey with you.
King's College was founded in 1946 by members of the Congregation of Holy Cross to provide access to higher education for the children of coal miners. Providing access to higher education by overcoming racial, social, and economic barriers remains a foundation of the King's College mission. We invite you to be part of that mission and share in the life of the King's College community. May God bless you and guide you.