First step is to apply for admission - you must first be accepted before any aid can be awarded to you.  Upon acceptance, new transfer students will be considered for scholarship.

File the King's College Financial Aid Application - it is available in the Admissions Viewbook. You can also complete it on-line. Once it is completed, return it to the King's College Financial Aid Office, 133 N. River St., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711.

File the Renewal FAFSA - if you filed the FAFSA in 2004-2005 you will be receiving a renewal FAFSA or a Pin to file your Renewal FAFSA on the Web sometime in December. File the FAFSA after January 1, 2005 and preferably no later than February 15, 2005.  When completing the 2005-2006 FAFSA, remember to list King's College as your school choice and include our federal school code, 003282. If you do not receive a renewal FAFSA, contact the Financial Aid Office and one will be mailed to you or you can complete the FAFSA on the Web at If completing the FAFSA online and you are a dependent student, a parent must also sign the application.  It can be signed on-line if the parent has a pin number.  To register for one, go to

PHEAA State Grant recipients - the FAFSA is also used to determine eligibility for the PHEAA State Grant for Pennsylvania residents. It must be filed by May 1, 2005 by renewal applicants. Please don't miss this important filing deadline.

SCHOLARSHIP CONSIDERATION - upon acceptance, students transferring to King's College as first year freshmen will be considered for King's College academic scholarships. Criteria used to determine scholarship eligibility includes the high school academic record, SAT or ACT scores, as well as the college transcript. Students eligible for scholarships are generally notified within weeks of acceptance to college

Beginning in March, we will begin to review our accepted students' eligibility for financial aid. Letters will be mailed to students' homes. Award letters will contain any scholarships awarded to you by King's as well as your eligibility for federal, state and other college aid. Sign and return the Award Acceptance Form to the Financial Aid Office. Please note the deadline for returning the form.

Your application may be selected for verification by the federal processor. If selected, we are required to verify the accuracy of the data you provided on your FAFSA. If selected, you will be required to provide additional information to us, such as copies of your 2004 federal tax returns. Please respond promptly to all requests for information as it may impact your eligibility for aid.

Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship - Transfer students who provide proof of membership to Phi Theta Kappa receive a $1,000 annual award.