The Academic Skills Center offers academic support services and programs for all students, full and part-time, as they matriculate at King's College. The goal of these programs and services is to assist students in attaining academic success.
NEW- The Academic Skills Center will require all students to have an appointment to enter the office. This can be done by phone, email, or using an appointment app to view our availability. An appointment can be made well in advance or with a few moments notice- if availability permits. See below for contact information.
- Tutoring- Tutoring will use NEW online Sign-up forms and virtual sessions using several video meeting platforms ( Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoBoard Facetime, etc.) As always, we suggest contacting an instructor as the first step in support. We also suggest instructional videos- youtube and Khan Academy have many available. Click on Tutoring Program link below for sign-up form links or chekc out our ASC Moodle page.
- Accommodations- Faculty will carry out accommodations for those who disclose a disability and request their accommodations through the Academic Skills Center/Disability Services Coordinator process . Click here for details. Some accommodations meant for in-person environments, may not be appropriate for an online course. We also anticipate new accommodations being necessary or additional students disclosing a disability during this time. NEW this year, the Classroom Accommodation forms will be electronically sent to a student who can then share with any instructor via email. COVID related accommodations will follow the same process- contact the Disability Services Coordinator, Mrs. Sheri Yech.
- Testing Center- The ASC Testing Center will be open for in-person tests. NEW this year will be an ONLINE electronic form to make a test request. Each student who qualifies for test accommodations will be sent the link to the form. Cleaning protocols will be in place. Instructors see our ASC MOODLE page for Test Center Instructions when a student is using our service.
- Learning Strategy Workshops- Workshops will take place using both video/online and in-person with limited capacity, first-come-first-serve offerings. Click the link below for a schedule.
- Strategy Instruction- Learning Specialist sessions can be scheduled with Sheri Yech and Dawn Shedlarski. A video or face to face meeting will be set up. See contact info below or use firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep in mind, our staff and Peer Tutors are new to this online environment too. Be patient, be kind, and keep open communication so we can make changes when possible. Best Wishes to all and stay well.
Click these links for more detailed information.
- Tutoring Program
- King's College Learning Strategies Workshops
- Learning Strategies Resources
- Writing Center
- Click here for Writing Center Consultation
- First Year Academic Studies Program (FASP)
- Disabilities Program
- Emotional Support (Assistance) Animals
- Service Animal Policy
- Disability Grievance Procedure
- Accommodations for Pregnancy under Title IX
- Information for Faculty
- Resources for Faculty and Others
email@example.com is an email that sends to ALL ASC STAFF
Mrs. Sheri Yech - Director
Disability Services Coordinator
Phone: 570.208.5800 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book an Appointment: https://yech.appointlet.com/b/sheri-yech
Mr. Peter Charney
Book an Appointment: https://kingscollege-tutoring.youcanbook.me
Mrs. Dawn Shedlarski
Learning Disabilities Coordinator
Book an Appoinment: https://dawn-shedlarski-academic-skills.appointlet.com
Ms. Susan Urban
Dr. Laurie Sterling
Director of Writing Center