The mission of the Academic Skills Center is to create an opportunity for students to enhance active learning, increase retention, and develop overall academic and personal strategies by providing individualized attention to develop life-long learners. The goal of our services is to maximize a person’s educational potential while supporting independence and advocacy skills.
We are committed to student success by:
- Fostering a welcoming and respectful environment for all
- Coordinating tutoring, workshops, and academic support
- Assisting students throughout their transition to the college community
- Providing sessions with learning strategies professionals
- Empowering students in their own academic and personal development
- Supporting student accessibility and accommodation
- Collaborating with faculty on best practices, accessibility, and universal design of instruction
We provide no-fee services including peer tutoring, learning strategy workshops or individual instruction, testing support, and accessibility, accommodations, and disability services. The Center also provides a fee-based First-Year Academic Studies program.
Meet our Staff
Dr. Melissa Ciocco
Associate Director and Disability Services Coordinator
Ms. Susan Urban
Administrative Specialist/ Testing Center