We provide no-fee services including peer tutoring, learning strategy workshops or individual instruction, testing support, and accessibility, accommodations, and disability services. The Center also provides a fee-based First-Year Academic Studies program.
We offer individual sessions to review study strategies, planning/organization methods, and understanding or breaking down larger assignments. Put an appointment on one of our calendars by using the links below.
Meet our Staff and SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT or MESSAGE US
The mission of the Academic Skills Center is to create an opportunity for students to enhance active learning, increase retention, and develop overall academic and personal strategies by providing individualized attention to develop life-long learners. The goal of our services is to maximize a person’s educational potential while supporting independence and advocacy skills.
We are committed to student success by:
- Fostering a welcoming and respectful environment for all
- Coordinating tutoring, workshops, and academic support
- Assisting students throughout their transition to the college community
- Providing sessions with learning strategies professionals
- Empowering students in their own academic and personal development
- Supporting student accessibility and accommodation
- Collaborating with faculty on best practices, accessibility, and universal design of instruction