The Academic Skills Center will continue services online during this COVID-19 event.
- Accommodations- Faculty will carry out accommodations for those who followed the process to disclose and request their accommodations. Anyone can refer students to Mrs. Sheri Yech, Disability Services Coodinator for additional or new accommodation requests. Click here for details. Some accommodations meant for in-person environments, may not be appropriate for an online course. We also anticipate new accommodations being necessary or additional students disclosing a disability during this time.
- Tutoring- Tutoring will be online using several video meeting platforms ( Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Facetime, etc.) Click here for details. As always, we suggest contacting an instructor as the first step in support. We also suggest instructional videos- youtube and Khan Academy have many available.
- Strategy Instruction- Learning Specialist sessions can be scheduled with Sheri Yech and Dawn Shedlarski. Reach out in email and a phone or video meeting will be set. See contact info below or use email@example.com
Please keep in mind, our staff and Peer Tutors are new to this online environment too. Be patient, be kind, and keep open communication so we can make changes when possible. Best Wishes to all and stay well.
The Academic Skills Center offers academic support services and programs for all students, full and part-time, as they matriculate at King's College. The goal of these programs and services is to assist students in attaining academic success. The center offers:
- Tutoring Program
- King's College Learning Strategies Workshops
- Learning Strategies Resources
- Writing Center
- College Entry Program
- First Year Academic Studies Program (FASP)
- Disabilities Program
- Emotional Support (Assistance) Animals
- Service Animal Policy
- Disability Grievance Procedure
- Accommodations for Pregnancy under Title IX
- Information for Faculty
- Resources for Faculty and Others
Support Staff- to communicate during the summer, we recommend emailing our group in case one staff person is out of the office
Mrs. Sheri Yech - Director
Disability Services Coordinator
Mr. Peter Charney
Mrs. Dawn Shedlarski
Learning Disabilities Coordinator
Ms. Susan Urban
Dr. Laurie Sterling
Director of Writing Center