The Academic Advisement Office serves an integral role in the educational mission of King’s College and in the academic guidance of all freshmen and transfers entering the college. Specifically, advisors assist students with selecting the courses, which meet the requirements of the core curriculum and the major program with regard to sequencing and timing. Students are expected to meet with their advisors at least four times during their first year to ensure they are progressing smoothly and to address any questions or concerns that may arise.
- Discuss academic programs consistent with each student’s abilities and interests
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding academic options and available resources
- Explore various career paths and educational goals by encouraging advisees to select appropriate courses within the Core curriculum
- Monitor the student’s progress toward achieving academic and career goals as well as a meaningful college experience
- Provide an early alert system to address academic and/or personal concerns within the first four weeks of the semester
- Offer valuable information on adding a complementary second major and/or a minor
- Help students select electives with care and purpose to enhance their resumes or for their personal enrichment
- Assist undecided students in selecting a major by thoroughly examining various programs and by suggesting further exploration with a career counselor in the Office of Career Planning and Placement
Students work closely with an academic advisor throughout their time at King’s. At the end of their freshman year, students who have designated a major are assigned an academic advisor from their major department; students who have not selected a major remain with an advisor from the Academic Advisement Office until a major is chosen. The Academic Advisement Office also assists all students with processing Change of Major/Advisor, Drop/Add, and Course Withdrawal forms.
Office of Academic Advisement
Mulligan Physical Science Center
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30p.m.
Mr. John R. Kratz
Director of Academic Advisement
Mrs. Joanne Santarelli
Freshman & Transfer Advisor
Rev. Charles Kociolek, C.S.C.
Associate Director of Academic Advisement
Mrs. Judi O’Borski