To provide students with a primary care based foundation of knowledge, technical skills, critical thinking and moral values to become competent and cost-effective healthcare providers.
- Identify for admission those students with the academic background, interpersonal skills, and maturity necessary to complete the training in the PA Program.
- Maintain accreditation from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive didactic and clinical curriculum that will prepare students to successfully complete Board Certification and become competent health care providers.
- Promote an interdisciplinary approach to medicine which utilizes effective oral and written communication between members of the healthcare team and the patient.
- Promote a comprehensive approach to health and disease by emphasizing primary care, health maintenance, and disease prevention.
- Promote life-long learning in students and graduates and foster education between providers, students, and patients.
- Promote information literacy and technological competency to be effective healthcare providers.
- Promote moral values and ethical behavior as a healthcare provider.