For Immediate Release
Contact: Wendy Hinton
Director of Advancement Communications
August 17, 2021 - King’s College will welcome back alumni and friends for the 2021 Homecoming/Reunion Weekend, Friday, September 17 through Sunday, September 19, 2021.
The annual tradition was cancelled in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions on public gatherings in place at the time. To make up for the lost year, this September’s celebration will include not only regular milestone reunions but also make-up reunions for classes that could not be celebrated in 2020. There will be a special reunion and recognition of the Class of 1970, as well as the Class of 1971, the members of which will co-celebrate their 50th Anniversary during the weekend and be pinned “Golden Monarchs” in a special ceremony.
All King’s College alumni and friends are invited to participate in the weekend’s activities.
Highlights from the schedule for the weekend follows:
Friday, September 17
- 10 a.m. • Alumni Golf Tournament • Mountain Laurel Golf Club, White Haven. Alumni can kick off the weekend at Mountain Laurel with a great day of golfing, lunch, and prizes.
- 7 p.m. • Alumni Trivia Night (Online only)
Saturday, September 28
- 10 a.m. ● Classes Without Quizzes: “Putin’s Russia – Lessons Drawn from the Red Lines” ● On Campus and Also Online. During this lecture, King’s College Political Science Professor Dr. Beth Admiraal will explore the various “red lines” that Putin has either challenged or reinforced during his 20 years as Russia’s leader. There will be time for Q and A.
- 11 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. • Homecoming BBQ and Game • Betzler Athletic Complex. Alumni can reconnect with friends, classmates, professors, and staff while cheering on the Monarchs as they take on the visiting Lycoming College Warriors. This year, the event is designed for ages 21 and over only and all guests must be pre-registered to attend.
- 1 p.m. • King’s College Monarchs vs Lycoming College Warriors Football Game • Betzler Athletic Complex
- 6 - 9 p.m. • Class of 1970 and 1971 “Golden Monarchs Dinner” • Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center. In honor of their 50-year anniversary, the classes will enjoy a special dinner with King's College President, Rev. Thomas Looney, C.S.C.
- 6 - 9 p.m. • Classes of 1995 and 1996 “Silver Monarchs” Milestone Reunion Gathering • Regina Court
- 6 - 8 p.m. • Recent Graduates Celebration: 2005, 2006, 2015, 2016, and 2020 and 2021 • Senunas’ Bar & Grill
Sunday, September 19
- 10:30 a.m. • Alumni Reunion Mass • Chapel of Christ the King. Members of the Class of 1970 and 1971 will process to receive their Golden Monarch pins in honor of their 50th anniversary as graduates. A farewell reception will take place following mass.
For more information about Homecoming/Reunion events and to register please visit: www.kings.edu/homecoming-reunion or contact the King’s Alumni Office at (570) 208-5879.