The mission of the National Communication Association Psi Epsilon chapter of Lambda Pi Eta at King’s College is to stimulate interest in the mass communications field. It does so through its mentorship program while encouraging professional development through discussions and exploration of internships and graduate school opportunities. Students will establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and fellow students through participation in activities such as organizing events and participating in the mentorship program, Open Houses, and Accepted Students Day. Members of the honor society are recognized and rewarded for their outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies and will strive to excel in their major by becoming active participants in the field of mass communications on both professional and personal levels.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies