A degree in English or Professional Writing from King’s College will give you the communication, research, and critical thinking skills you need to succeed, both at King’s and in the professional world.
What makes us different
Our graduates are working in a diverse and satisfying variety of fields, such as journalism, public relations, editing and publishing, teaching, consulting, technical writing, higher education administration, and the law. Additionally, a variety of businesses now actively seek English majors because they possess creative, flexible minds that can offer fresh approaches to situations and come equipped to communicate in the business environment. Thus, we have a number of recent graduates working in business fields, such as marketing and advertising. Perhaps most importantly, the communication and critical thinking skills our graduates possess earn them promotions and leadership positions later in their careers.
Listed below are just a few job positions, workplaces and graduate schools where our recent alumni have found success.
- Emergency Communication Coordinator, U.S. Coast Guard
- Grants Coordinator, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Assistant in Book Marketing at Boyds Mills Press
- Publicist, University Press of Florida
- Assistant Provost, Faculty Affairs, Thomas Jefferson University
- Technical Writer at Solid Cactus, Inc.
- Reporter, Citizen’s Voice
- Online Marketing Specialist at Maternal and Family Health Services
- Communications Specialist at AVE by Korman Communities
- Law programs at Penn State’s Dickinson School of Law and Duquesne University
- Editor at Northeast Editing
- Secondary education teachers at numerous school districts throughout the United States
- Graduate programs at the Universities of Virginia and Delaware, Purdue University, and American University.
Recent Articles About Jobs for English Majors
- 14 Jobs for English Majors That Pay At Least $60,000 (Forbes)
- Want a Job With That English Degree? (Corrigan Literary Review)
- How Humanities Degrees Cultivate Marketable Business Skills (Entrepreneur)
- Surprise: Humanities Degrees Provide Great Return On Investment (Forbes)
- Why English Majors are the Hot New Hires (American Express OpenForum)