As a caring member of the community, you have many wonderful talents and characteristics. Volunteering in the Wyoming Valley will provide you with the unique opportunity to help others while learning more about the world you live in.
Consider your talents and how you can use them to create a rewarding experience for both the community and yourself.
ONE-TIME (OR MORE) VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES -- Good for FYE/Core 90 and other service requirements:
- Food Pantry at St. Stephen’s (35. S. Franklin St.); needs students to give out food and organize distribution area. Monday--Friday, 12-3pm. Contact: Debra Kellerman, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; (email is best contact); 570-239-7834 (cell); 570-829-5611 (office)
- Clothes Closet at St. Stephen’s (35. S. Franklin St.); needs students to unpack donation bags, sort and hang clothes, distribute clothes to clients, and straighten up. Tuesdays, 3:00--7:00pm. Contact: Debra Kellerman, firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; (email is best contact); 570-239-7834 (cell); 570-829-5611 (office)
- Gardens at Wyoming Valley Senior Residence (50 N. Pennsylvania Ave.); needs students to do pre-planned activities with seniors during Activities Hour. 7 Days a week as follows: Mon., Fri., Sat., Sun.: 9:30-10:30am; 10:30-11:30am; 2:00—3:00pm; Tues., Wed., & Thurs.: 9:30-10:30am; 10:30-11:30am; 2:00—3:00pm; and 7:00--8:00pm. Students may also visit and talk with seniors at most times. All volunteers should first contact Marla Telford and bring the volunteer form in the following link: MTelford@WyomingValley-phg.com; 570-825-3488. GARDENS at Wyoming Valley new form-03-2018.pdf
- CEO/Weinberg Regional Food Bank (car needed--185 Research Drive, Pittston, PA 18640); assist in loading and packing food boxes for individuals and families in need. Saturday mornings. Contact Christian Bodnar, firstname.lastname@example.org; 570-826-0510, Ext. 508.
Other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Alzheimer’s Association is always looking for volunteers. They need people who are comfortable making phone calls, helping in the community at health fairs, and potentially helping with presentations. Some training is required. Please contact Gail Aideuis at 570-822-9915 ext: 4023. Located at 57 N. Franklin Street Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701.
- McGlynn Learning Center is looking for volunteers to help students with their homework after school. McGlynn Learning Center. Call 570-824-8891, or email email@example.com. McGlynn Learning Center is located at 72 Midland Ct. (Boulevard Townhomes) Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702.
- Osterhaut Library is looking for volunteers to help in the Circulation Department. If you are interested contact the library at 570-823-0156 ext 210 and ask to speak to the volunteer coordinator. The library is located at 71 S. Franklin Street.
Stop by the Shoval Center (171 N. Franklin); email Kelly Gibbons (firstname.lastname@example.org), or view the Volunteer Opportunities Brochure below for a list of community organizations and their contact information to get started!