As a caring member of the community, you have many wonderful talents and characteristics. Volunteering in the Wyoming Valley will provide you with the unique opportunity to help others while learning more about the world you live in.
Consider your talents and how you can use them to create a rewarding experience for both the community and yourself.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Click to visit our Volunteer Opportunities Web Page to view current voluneer opportunites and community partner events and wish lists.
Brochure listing area agencies with contact info:
You may also stop by the Shoval Center (171 N. Franklin); email Kelly Gibbons (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call (570-208-6020) or request a zoom meeting to discuss volunteer opportunities.
EXAMPLES OF SOME ONE-TIME (OR MORE) VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES -- Good for HCE and other service requirements -- generally can take help with short notice:
- CEO/Weinberg Regional Food Bank (car needed--185 Research Drive, Pittston, PA 18640 or other location); assist in loading and packing food boxes for individuals and families in need.
- For groups, coordinators please reach out directly to Debbie at email@example.com or 570-826-0510 x219 for further details.
If you are interested in another volunteer opportunity, please complete the interest form and we will notify you when volunteer projects become available.Sample of other Volunteer Opportunities:
- Candy’s Place Cancer Wellness Center is looking for ongoing volunteers in the following areas: administrative support, fundraising initiatives, boutique management, special projects e.g. seminars, workshops etc. Please Contact Jonelle at Candy’s Place, 570-714-8800, to get you started! Thank you!
- Alzheimer’s Association need people who are comfortable making phone calls, helping in the community at health fairs, and potentially helping with presentations. Some training is required. Please contact Gail Aideuis at 570-822-9915 ext: 4023. Located at 57 N. Franklin Street Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701.
- McGlynn Learning Center is looking for volunteers to help students with their homework after school. McGlynn Learning Center. Call 570-824-8891, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. McGlynn Learning Center is located at 72 Midland Ct. (Boulevard Townhomes) Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702.
- Osterhaut Library is looking for volunteers to help in the Circulation Department. If you are interested contact the library at 570-823-0156 ext 210 and ask to speak to the volunteer coordinator. The library is located at 71 S. Franklin Street.
- Luzerne county Special Olympics -recreational bowling for Special Needs athletes. Held every Saturday morning at 10:30 am at Chacko's Bowling in Wilkes-Barre. The athletes play 2 games of bowling & are usually done by 11:30. Volunteers would cheer on & hang out with athletes while they bowled. Last bowling event for season is Saturday April 27. Any interested students can contact Ada Magni at: email@example.com
VIRTUAL COFFEE AND CONVERSATIONS Learn more about local agencies and their volunteer opportunities and needs through casual conversations.
- BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS OF NEPA 9-10-2020
Learn how to become a Big Brother or Big Sister and hear about current events and volunteer opportunities at BBBS NEPA