The demands of PK-12 education are rapidly evolving, and strong administrators are critical in leading their local education agencies (LEAs) through change. The Principal Certificate Program is designed for working educational professionals seeking to develop their school leadership and management skills and advance their careers as executive leaders. Hosted entirely online, this flexible and competitively priced program will prepare you for:
- Supervising, directing, and assessing certified and non-certified staff through an organizational vision
- Liaising with the superintendent regarding matters that substantially affect employment, assignment, transfer, promotion, layoff, or other similar personnel actions
- Incorporating instructional leadership into organizational behavior that raises the level of teaching and learning in the classroom
- Supervising your district’s curriculum, instructional program, and pupil personnel services program
- Strategic planning for management of school finances, facilities, and human resources that yields effective decision making
- Coordinating school interactions with school boards, community organizations, special interest groups, parents/family members, and other members of the community
Upon successful completion of the Principal Certificate program, you will be well-prepared to serve in an administrative role at the elementary, middle, or secondary level. Potential job placements include Principal, Assistant Principal, Assistant to Superintendent, Curriculum Specialist, and more pending district requirements. Tuition and fee information is available here.
The School Principal certification qualifies educators holding a current teaching certification, and three (3) years of professional classroom experience. Cohorts begin each fall semester and include a 260-hour practicum designed to give students practical experience in school administration.