THE EXERCISE SCIENCE MAJOR
The King’s College Exercise Science major provides students with an understanding of the physiological, biomechanical, and psychological effects of exercise on the human body. This unique and challenging program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of careers in the fast-growing fields of health, wellness, and fitness. The Exercise Science major at King’s College provides students with a foundation of both theoretical and clinical knowledge while adhering to the King’s mission to “teach its students not only how to make a living, but how to live.”
King’s College offers five tracks within the major of Exercise Science:
- The Applied Exercise Science Track
- The Exercise Physiology Track
- The Pre-Athletic Training Track (3+2 Master of Science in Athletic Training Program)
- The Exercise Science & Chiropractic Track (3+4)
- The Exercise Science Occupational Therapy Track (3+3 OTD track)
Both the Applied Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology tracks will prepare students to enter the field of Exercise Science directly. However, these two tracks differ in terms of their preparation of students for varying post-graduate degree programs. Please refer to specific description of these two tracks in the later part of this handbook.
The Pre-Athletic Training Track is for students who wish to pursue the 3+2 Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) Program, an exciting, innovative, accelerated program that allows students to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and a Master of Science in Athletic Training in five years.
The Exercise Science & Chiropractic Track allows students to achieve a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Exercise Science at King’s College, as well a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree at New York Chiropractic College. This unique track allows qualified students to complete both degrees in a total of 7 years (3+4) instead of 8 (4+4).
The Exercise Science Occupational Therapy Track (3+3 OTD track) BS/OTD program requires six years of academic studies, including six months of clinical fieldwork and a 14-week doctoral capstone experience. This accelerated degree program leads to an entry-level Clinical Doctorate after graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science with a Minor in Neuroscience.
DEGREE OFFERED: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Exercise Science
- Brand new, 1500+ sq. ft. state-of-the-art exercise science lab
- Cutting-edge technology and equipment
- Dedicated class room space adjacent to the lab offers hand-on education
- Gross Anatomy Lab on site
- Outstanding young and energetic faculty on the cutting edge of current exercise science research