"Congratulations on taking the first step in advancing your career. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. As you step forward and begin your graduate coursework at King’s, you will find education tailored to match your professional goals. Our programs are affordable, flexible, and personalized. Our graduate team is here to support you as you balance life, education, and career. Schedule a personal visit, call or email me directly. I look forward to working with you throughout the enrollment process."
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
The King’s College Graduate Education Program offers a variety of options in obtaining a master’s degree, endorsement or certification at the lowest competitive price in the area.
King’s College offers four formats for classes:
- Traditional 15-week semester evening classes
- Weekend accelerated courses
Master Degree Programs
- Reading. Choose to earn your degree online or in the classroom. For more information see our program brochure.
- Special Education. Choose to earn your degree online or in the classroom. For more information see our program brochure.
- Concentration in Autism Spectrum Disorder. For more information see our program brochure.
- Curriculum and Instruction. (4 degrees of concentration)
Certification preparation options
- English as a Second Language Program Specialist. Available in the classroom only. For more information see our program brochure.
- Principal Certification. Available online only. For more information see our program brochure.
- Reading Specialist. Choose to learn online or in the classroom. For more information see our program brochure.
Endorsement Coursework availability
- STEM Education. For more information see our program brochure.
- Instructional Coaching. For more information see our program brochure.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder. For more information see our program brochure.
Continuing Education/Act 48 Credits/Professional Development Courses
- Taught by professionals with integrated experience & expertise in their field.
- Receive (3) graduate credits per course (transferrable to most master degree programs but not all)
- Receive Act 48 credits
Principal Certification Program: K-12 Principal Certification: All Courses completed online only.
- Begins with course offerings in January.
- Course requirements approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- The 18-credit program will begin with two eight-week online courses during the spring semester.
- Each participant cohort group will follow the same class sequence and complete the course requirements in two years.
- Completion of course requirements qualifies candidates to take the School Leadership Licensure Assessment for Principal Certification (PRAXIS).
- The program is open to candidates with a minimum of three years teaching experience.
Requirements for Principal Certification Program
- The program consists primarily of five three-credit online courses
- Each course requires 20 hours of field experience
- Following the completion of the five courses, you are required to complete three one-credit Practicum courses emphasizing a total of 260 hours of supervised experience over the course of 12 months
- Field experience divided equally. Kindergarten through sixth and seventh through twelfth grades
- Total required supervised field and intern experience time will be 360 hours
Personal Message from the department Chair
Personal message from Dr. Denise Reboli, Department Chair. “All of our instructors are practicing local administrators and legal experts. Our courses focus on their real-life experiences. Our instructors do not offer 'canned' online courses. Courses developed in collaboration with our practicing school-based instructors connects the Pennsylvania Department of Education competency expectations as they translate to the day-to-day operations of schools. Our program’s emphasis will include instructional, management, and fiscal responsibility frameworks. King’s College instructors provide a strong foundational base as well as a practical application of competencies."