Earn your MSNS Degree in 2 years completely online
Have an impact based on evidence
With individuals living longer and wanting to lead healthier, more productive lives, understanding the science behind nutrition and being able to translate that science to others are valuable skills to learn. Our cutting-edge curriculum will teach you these skills in a completely online format within 2 years.
Whether you are already working in a health-related field, or have an interest in nutrition policy, athletics, research or beyond, there is a demand for graduate-trained professionals who are skilled in the application of evidence-based strategies to communicate nutrition, health promotion and disease prevention to a variety of audiences. With employment predicted to grow at a faster-than average rate of 16% through 2024, and entry-level median salaries in the range of $60,000, there has never been a better time to pursue a Master's degree in Nutrition Science at King's College.
Opportunities to Make a Difference
Well-trained, competent nutrition practitioners are needed across all health care settings. Practitioners of Nutrition recognize how physical health is influenced by biological, environmental, behavioral, and emotional factors. They apply knowledge from biological and nutritional sciences to the results from comprehensive nutritional assessments to inform nutritional diagnoses and develop personalized nutrition care plans to help patients achieve optimal health and vitality through food.
The most common jobs are dietitians and nutritionists, both experts in food and nutrition that evaluate the health of their clients and advise which foods to eat in order to achieve a desired goal. Clinical settings include hospitals, extended care facilities or clinics, collaborating with patient care teams to help prevent and treat illness. If teaching is your primary interest, use your knowledge to educate schools, businesses, advocacy groups and legislators to increase food literacy and impact change. Scientific professionals may seek work in research, expanding our current understanding of health and wellness to improve outcomes. If you are more of an entrepreneur, food management, health and lifestyle coaching or journalism are all avenues to put your knowledge to work.
Is a Career in Nutrition Right for Me?
Being a healthcare field, clinical nutrition is best suited for those:
- With warm and comforting personalities
- Who wish to closely interact with clients and patients
Outside of clinical care, students do best that have:
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- A motivation to impact positive changes in individual, group and population health
Take Your Career to the Next Level
A bachelor's degree is required to enter this field, and some states also require licensing and certification. For those who want to advance in their nutrition careers, the master's degree is increasingly becoming the professional credential of choice. Unfortunately, real life has often prevented working professionals from quitting their jobs for full-time programs, or taking part-time evening and weekend classes away from home. Until now.
The King’s College Master of Science in Nutrition Science program is a 36-credit, online degree program geared to busy working professionals in health or health-related fields who want a competitive advantage in the ever-changing fields of nutrition and dietetics. With courses that study nutritional biochemistry and physiology, functional nutrition assessment methodologies, integrative nutritional therapies, and analysis of food systems, students will be well equipped to meet current global health challenges. Graduates of this program will utilize evidence-based nutritional science, advanced therapeutic approaches, and patient-centered care to comprehensively evaluate and address common diseases including obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, and many more.
- Convenient and completely online so you choose when to study based on your own schedule
- Adaptable – allowing you to complete the program in just 24 months if you wish
- Diverse, science-oriented curriculum designed to help set you apart in the workplace
- Highly trained faculty that all hold Ph.Ds. and are actively involved in cutting-edge research
- No GRE required for admission.
Who is the King’s MSNS Program for?
The Master of Science in Nutrition Science degree is dedicated to educating the next generation of nutritional professionals who want to promote health and prevent disease. The program is designed for adult learners from health care fields who would like to get an additional nutrition background for their existing work, as well as health care graduates interested in changing careers towards nutrition.
Many health care professionals, including medical doctors, nurses, physician assistants, dietitians, physical therapists, osteopaths and chiropractors practice clinical nutrition after completing extra work in the study of food and nutrition science. The program provides added value for athletic trainers, school nutritionists, food industry professionals, nutritional therapists, corporate wellness consultants, home health agencies and public health nutritionists, all of whom can benefit from learning how to apply the principles of biochemistry, physiology and biology to human nutritional needs.
Why Get your Online Degree from King’s?
Our streamlined curriculum reflects the latest nutrition science research and aligns with current professional opportunities. Our graduates are ready to meet the world’s growing interests and needs in personal health and wellness, disease prevention, growing and aging populations, and diet-related disease epidemics.
- Become an expert in science-based, whole-foods approaches to optimal health and performance.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of nutrient metabolism, medical nutrition therapy, and changing nutritional needs throughout the lifecycle, along with specialized topics in applied nutrition.
- Learn to use the latest in nutrition-based software to design meal plans and use special equipment to measure metabolism and blood sugar levels.
- Effectively communicate nutrition information, develop and implement current research, utilize nutrition literature and resources, and integrate nutrition knowledge from a variety of sources.
- Advance your understanding of biomedical and nutrition therapy and gain insight into how nutrition issues affect diverse communities.
- Increase your understanding of nutrition education and research, health care ethics, Lifecycle nutrition, and health counseling.
- Develop your skills in communication, counseling, evidence-based practices and programs planning.
King’s MSNS Program offers the tools you need to make a difference in people’s lives and gives you an edge when it comes to employment. If keeping people healthy through improved nutrition is appealing to you, learn more about King’s MSNS admission requirements or apply now.
King’s College’s M.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics Future Graduate Program has been granted candidacy status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND*) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, (312) 899-0040 ext 5400. Visit the ACEND webpage here.
Contact Dr. Diane M. DellaValle, firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-208-5900, ext. 5444 for more information.
*The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) released the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards for programs in nutrition and dietetics. These accreditation standards integrate didactic coursework with supervised experiential learning in a competency-based curriculum designed to prepare nutrition and dietetics practitioners for future practice.
This is an online program. There is no in-residence or on-campus requirement. *Outcome data for our FG Program will be available upon request.