Admission requirements for applicants to the Master of Science in Athletic Training program are:
- A bachelor of science degree in exercise science, kinesiology or a health sciences field from an accredited institution.
- At least one year of anatomy and physiology, a biology course, a chemistry course, a physics course, a statistics course and a psychology course from an accredited institution. A minimum grade of "C" or higher in these courses is required for admission.
- Minimum GPA of 2.67/4.00
- For the two-year graduate program, preference will be given to applicants who have completed at least 10 observation hours under the supervision of a BOC-certified athletic trainer. Hours must be documented and verifiable.
Students applying for admission to the Master of Science in Athletic Training program must submit:
- Online application – There is no application fee to submit the online application.
- Personal Statement of Goals – As part of the online application, students are required to upload a personal statement (approximately 500 words). The personal statement should outline details about your educational background, personal experiences you think are important, involvement in student and professional organizations and how you reached the decision to become an athletic trainer.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation – The online application includes an area for you to provide the name, email and title of two individuals who can provide a reference on your behalf. Upon entering their contact information, an electronic form will be sent to them to complete. The form allows them to rate you on different criteria and provides an area to provide additional comments. Upon completion, the recommendation form is electronically attached to your application for admission. You will be notified via email that it has been completed.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended. – Request official transcripts from all institutions attended be sent to:
King’s College, Office of Graduate Admission
133 N. River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 18701
If you have any questions, please contact Christine Stevens, Director of Graduate Admission, at 570-208-5991 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Master of Science in Athletic Training program.