King’s College has had an accredited undergraduate athletic training program since 2001. Our MSAT Program is not yet accredited. We have applied to transition from a bachelor’s degree program to a master’s degree program and will be reviewed by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education during the 2020-21 academic year. Given our strong history of accreditation, we fully expect the MSAT Program to be accredited by June 2021.
We exceed the national average for both first-time and overall pass rates on the Board of Certification Exam, which is proof that we prepare our graduates for success. We accomplish this in a variety of ways including:
- Comprehensive reviews built into courses so that past material is connected to new material for reinforcement
- Competency-based learning, in which students are taught in a step-wise progression, gaining and demonstrating mastery as they move through the program
- Specific learning modules on test-taking skills to help students prepare to take standardized, computer-based tests
- Use of official Board of Certification practice exams to help students identify areas in which they are strong and those in which they need improvement
- Use of exam questions in AT Program courses that mimic the types of questions used in the Board of Certification exam