3+3 Juris Doctor at Duquesne School of Law
Villanova University and King’s College have arranged for the direct-entry admission of qualified King’s students to pursue a doctorate in law at the Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University.
This program is offered as a 3+3 pathway in which King’s students spend three years at King’s and then three years at Duquesne, with credits earned at the successful completion of the first year of law school transferring back to King’s to satisfy final graduation requirements
- Application fee waived
- Preferred admission without the competition of the rest of the applicant pool
- Guaranteed annual full tuition scholarship during three years of law school in the 3+3 program
- Guaranteed $25,000 per year scholarship and eligibility for traditional financial aid and scholarships in the 4+3 program
- Completed at least three years of coursework (minimum 90 credits) at King’s College including all CORE requirements and the major courses required in the student’s field of study. Transfer students not eligible for the 3 + 3.
- Earned a minimum GPA of 3.60 as calculated by King’s College.
- Earned a minimum GPA of 3.60 as calculated by the Law School Admission Council.
- Taken the Law School Admission Test [LSAT] no later than January of their junior year and earned a minimum score at or above the 75th percentile of the most recent class to matriculate at the School of Law.**
- Obtained a strong recommendation from the King’s College Pre-Law Advisor
- Interviewed successfully with the School of Law prior to receiving a final admission decision
- Remained in good academic and disciplinary standing throughout their matriculation at King’s College
- Met all of the fitness, character, and other criteria for admission required by the Office of Admission of the School of Law
- For the 3+3 program scholarship, the GPA and LSAT requirements set by Villanova must be met to receive admission and the maximum scholarship. Currently, a student needs a King’s College GPA of a 3.6 and the LSAT median set by Villanova, which is a 162.
**The official 75th percentile LSAT score is determined by the American Bar Association. The 75th percentile for the 2019-2020 admission year is 161. The score threshold in effect during a student’s academic year of application to Villanova will apply.
How to Apply
The 3+3 Law Program is open to all King’s undergraduates. For details, call 570-208-5858, email email@example.com, or visit www.kings.edu/admission.