Welcome to Part One of our New Student Orientation program for newly admitted full-time transfer students, TRANSFER ADVISEMENT!
Transfer Advisement is a one day program designed to help transfer students transition smoothly to King’s College. During Transfer Advisement, you will meet with an academic advisor, review your transfer credits, create and receive your class schedule, and have an opportunity to have your photo taken for your Student ID. If desired, you may also schedule a meeting with other offices such as Financial Aid, the Business Office, Residence Life, etc. PLEASE NOTE: The Academic Advisement Office can only meet with and register transfer students who have submitted their enrollment deposit.
How and when do I schedule my Transfer Advisement appointment?
Individual appointments with a Transfer Advisor are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. To schedule your appointment, please call the Academic Advisement Office at 570-208-5872. For transfer students starting in the fall semester, we will begin accepting appointments after April 16, 2018. For Transfer students starting in the spring semester, we will begin accepting appointments after November 15, 2018.
Steps to prepare for my Transfer Advisement Appointment:
- Send your most recent official transcript to the King's College Registrar's Office for evaluation prior to your appointment.
- Determine and/or explore what major(s) or minor(s) you would like to pursue at King's.
- Think of questions you have for your Transfer Advisor, write them down, and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Bring an unofficial copy of your most recent transcripts just in case we did not receive the official final copy. This will help you and your advisor select courses.
- Bring your SMILE...you will have an opportunity to have your picture taken for your Student ID.
Where do I go when I arrive on campus for my appointment?
On the day of your appointment, you will first come to the Academic Advisement Office located on the ground floor of the Mulligan Physical Science Center, Room M95. Below you will find a link to directions, including a GPS address of 133 N. Franklin Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701 which takes you directly to the cul-de-sac in the middle of campus. Upon entering, please stay to the right and proceed to the parking gate. If a parking attendant is not present, press the call button and state that you are a new student coming for advisement.