What is Transfer Advisement?
Transfer Advisement is a one-hour program designed to help transfer students (who have already made an enrollment deposit) transition smoothly to King’s College. During Transfer Advisement, you will meet with an academic advisor, review your transfer credits, create and receive your class schedule, and receive a checklist for what comes next (like how to sign up for your parking pass). If desired, you may also schedule a meeting with other offices such as Financial Aid, the Business Office, Residence Life, etc.
How and when do I schedule my Transfer Advisement appointment?
At this time, all Transfer Advisement appointments will take place by phone or through video chat.
Transfer Advisement appointments can be scheduled by visiting our bookings page.
- For Transfer students starting in the Summer or Fall semester, we will begin accepting appointments mid-April.
- For Transfer students starting in Spring semesters, we will begin accepting appointments mid-November.
Steps to prepare for my Transfer Advisement Appointment:
- At least two weeks before your appointment, send your most recent official transcript(s) to your transfer admissions counselor. You can check your Slate portal to ensure it has been received.
- Determine and/or explore what major(s) or minor(s) you would like to pursue at King's.
- Think of questions you have for your Transfer Advisor, write them down, and discuss them at your appointment.
- What classes do you want? Can you take day or night classes?
- Are you playing any sports? Will you be working during the semester?
- Have an unofficial copy of your most recent transcripts in hand just in case we did not receive the official final copy. This will help you and your advisor select courses.
- Follow the Becoming a Monarch New Student Checklist!
What if I have additional questions?