What is Transfer Advisement?
Transfer Advisement is a two-hour program designed to help transfer students (who have already made an enrollment deposit) transition smoothly to King’s College. During Transfer Advisement, you will meet with an academic advisor, review your transfer credits, create and receive your class schedule, sign up for your parking pass, and have an opportunity to have your photo taken for your Student ID. If desired, you may also schedule a meeting with other offices such as Financial Aid, the Business Office, Residence Life, etc.
How and when do I schedule my Transfer Advisement appointment?
Individual appointments with a Transfer Advisor are available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. To schedule your appointment, please call the Academic Advisement Office at 570-208-5872. If you cannot come to campus for your Transfer Advisement appointment, you can schedule a phone or skype conference. For Transfer students starting in the Spring 2020 semester, we will begin accepting appointments after November 15, 2019. For transfer students starting in the Fall 2020 semester, we will begin accepting appointments after April 16, 2020.
Steps to prepare for my Transfer Advisement Appointment:
- At least two weeks before your appointment, send your most recent official transcript(s) to Eric Grego, your transfer admissions counselor.
- Determine and/or explore what major(s) or minor(s) you would like to pursue at King's.
- Think of questions you have for your Transfer Advisor, write them down, and discuss them at your appointment.
- What classes do you want? Can you take night classes?
- Are you playing any sports? Will you be working during the semester?
- Bring an unofficial copy of your most recent transcripts just in case we did not receive the official final copy. This will help you and your advisor select courses.
Where do I go when I arrive on campus for my appointment?
On the day of your appointment, you will first come to the Academic Advisement Office located on the ground floor of the Mulligan Physical Science Center, Room M95. Below you will find a link to directions, including a GPS address of 133 N. Franklin Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701 which takes you directly to the cul-de-sac in the middle of campus. Upon entering, please stay to the right and proceed to the parking gate. If a parking attendant is not present, press the call button and state that you are a new student coming for advisement. From the parking lot, walk towards Hessel Hall (Admissions) and continue past to Mulligan Physican Science Center, building 4 on the map. Academic Advisement Office is through the main entrance, on your right.