Welcome to orientation program for newly admitted full-time first-year students, VIRTUAL SUMMER ORIENTATION! Our brochure, below, will help you navigate our videos, live chat and advisor sessions.
Our Virtual Summer Orientation includes a welcome from the President of King's College, Rev. Thomas Looney, C.S.C. and our orientation leaders, as well as informational videos about Catholic and Holy Cross Identity, Security and Parking, Health Services, Meal Plans, Financial Aid, Residence and Commuter Life, Technology on Campus, Academic Skills, Academic Advisement and Athletics. These informational videos will be available to students to watch in The Orientation Portal beginning mid-June.
In addition, each student will be able to schedule their individual Virtual Advisement Session with their Summer Advisor to review their fall schedule and discuss any questions they may have. That's why it is so important to complete your questionnaire and placement tests ahead of time! Beginning early June, you will receive an email providing you with Instructions on how to schedule your individual session with your Summer Advisor. Be sure to schedule your appointment once you receive this email!
- All video presentaiton, dates for the live chats, as well as detailed information for our Virtual Summer Orientation, can be found on The Orientation Portal beginning mid-June.
- Parents can also view videos and participate in the live chats - more information can be found in our brochure and the Parent Portal.
Prior to Virtual Summer Orientation:
The Becoming A Monarch Orientaiton Booklet and letter will be emailed to new students who submit their enrollment deposit. This booklet and letter will provide more detailed information explaining how to access The Orientation Portal where you are required to complete the following:
- Establish and update your password in The Orientation Portal.
- Access your King's E-mail and check it often!
- Complete the required New-Student Questionnaire.
- Complete the required Placement Tests*.
- Sign up for your advising appointment
- Watch the virtual orientation informational videos
- Complete the required Health Forms
*All placement tests and the student questionnaire must be completed as soon as possible or by June 1, 2021. This will allow our staff to create your class schedule and have it ready for when you have your individual Virtual Advisement Session with your Summer Advisor.
*Accommodations such as extra time can be arranged by contacting the Academic Skills Center (570)-208-5841) prior to a student attempting the placement test(s) online.