For Immediate Release
Contact: Wendy Hinton
Executive Director of College Marketing and Communications
August 31, 2021 – This fall, eight teacher candidates have received their student teacher assignments at schools in the local area. Student teachers will complete a 15-week placement that will lead to their certification in their area and grade level. Three of the student teachers will be working toward dual certification in their grade level and special education.
The following is a list of the student teachers and their assignments:
- Angela Fanelli: Greater Nanticoke School District – Kennedy Early Elementary Center
- Amanda Frank: Greater Nanticoke School District – Kennedy Early Elementary Center
- Kelly Kramer: Greater Nanticoke School District – Kennedy Early Elementary Center
- Tiffany Vincavage: Wyoming Valley West School District – State Street Elementary
- Sharon Fredericks: Wyoming Valley West School District – W.V.W. High School
- Thomas Gilmore: Hanover Area School District – Hanover Area High School
- Luke Hoskins: Diocese of Scranton – Holy Redeemer High School
- Matthew Yekel: Wyoming Valley West School District – W.V.W. High School
In addition to preparing students for the traditional teaching certifications in Pennsylvania, the King’s Education Department also offers a five-year program that leads to a Bachelor of Arts and PK-4 and Special Education K-12 certifications, as well as a Master of Arts in Reading. This program is in addition to the department offering master’s degree programs in Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education, and Reading. Endorsements in autism, ESL, instructional coaching, and stem education are also offered. The department’s post-Baccalaureate program is available for persons possessing a bachelor’s degree who wish to become certified teachers in elementary, secondary, or special education.
For more information on King’s College’s Education degree programs, please visit https://www.kings.edu/academics/undergraduate_majors/education.
Front Row: Mrs. Terri McAndrew – College Supervisor; Mrs. Doreen Lavan – College Supervisor; Sharon Fredericks – Wyoming Valley West High School; Tiffany Vincavage – State Street Elementary School; Kelly Kramer – Kennedy Early Elementary School; Angela Fanelli – Kennedy Early Elementary School; Amanda Frank – Kennedy Early Elementary School; Brother Stephen LaMendola, CSC, Director of Student Teaching
Back Row: Luke Hoskins – Holy Redeemer High School; Matthew Yekel- Wyoming Valley West High School; Thomas Gilmore – Hanover Area High School