The Student Government shall equitably distribute funds from its annual fiscal budget through a Grant Allocation Program to recognized and qualified student groups. It is the responsibility of the SGA to ensure that such funds are spent in the best interest of the student body.
Eligibility to Apply
Class Boards and Student Organizations that are registered with the Office of Campus Activities and meet all of the “criteria for compliance” for Student Government recognition in the codes may apply for a grant at any time by submitting an application to the SGA Budget/Finance Committee.
To be eligible to receive a grant through the SGA Grant Allocation Program the organization must have:
- Correctly completed the SGA Grant Allocation Program Request Form
- Completed a service project in the previous semester of the grant request time and submitted both a "Pre-Service Form" and "Post-Service Form."
- Completed a fundraising project in the previous semester of the grant request time and submitted both a "Pre-Fundraising Form" and "Post-Fundraising Form."
- Demonstrate compliance with all policies, regulations, guidelines, and procedures of King's College. Class Boards and Student Organizations must demonstrate a financial need for a grant by describing estimated expenditures, including:
- Costs incurred by activities hosted by the organization.
- Service projects planned.
- Operating supplies for the organization.
- Any other expenditure types not listed.
If deemed necessary, the Budget and Finance Committee Chair can request a brief presentation between the Student Organization and the Budget and Finance Committee concerning requested funds to the Student Organization from the Budget and Finance Committee, followed by a question-and-answer session between the Budget and Finance Committee and Student Organization.
Grants will not be given to organizations if financial need is not adequately described on the grant request form and/or during dialogue between Student Government and the Class, Club, or Organization. It will be up to the discretion of the Budget/Financial Committee to determine if a financial need exists.
Presentation and Approval/Rejection of Grant Requests
Grant requests must be presented to a quorum of the Budget/Finance Committee and the committee will vote to either approve or reject the grant request.
- If a grant is requested for $249 or less, a majority vote by the Budget/Finance Committee shall suffice for approval of the grant request.
- If a grant is requested for $250 or greater, should the grant request pass by vote of the Budget/Finance Committee, the request shall also be subject to the approval of the Student Government General Board in the form of a Bill, sponsored by (a) member(s) of the Budget/Finance Committee.
All grant requests will obtain final approval from an Executive Board Advisor and the Director of Campus Activities.
Disbursement of Grant Monies
Following all necessary approvals for the allocation of grant monies, the Student Government will “hold” the monies aside for the requesting student organization until the end of the semester in which the request was proposed.
Once the expenditures described in the reason for the grant request have been incurred by the organization and the proper documentation of such (e.g. invoices, receipts, etc.) have been submitted to the Executive Board Treasurer and/or their designee(s), the monies will be disbursed into the organization’s College business office account.