Any student running for election must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5.
- The cumulative grade point average is the student's official cumulative grade point average based on classes completed for the prior semester. Midterm grades and work in progress are not considered. All elected members, or members appointed into an elected position due to a vacancy, must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Members whose cumulative grade point average falls below the 2.5 minimum requirement will be placed on probationary status for one semester. If the SGA member fails to raise their cumulative grade point average after one semester of probation, they will be ineligible to serve on the SGA as an elected member.
- The Executive Board Advisors will be responsible for checking and certifying that students have met and maintained a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- This requirement is exempt for first-year students applying to the first-year Class Board.
- Obtain at least twenty (20) signatures in support of their candidacy from full-time undergraduate students of their class year to serve on their Class Board; or from first-year, sophomore, and junior full-time students to serve on the Executive Board.
Special Qualification for the Executive Board
To be a candidate for an Executive Board position, the candidate must have served on Student Government for at least one full academic year.