King's Today is a digest delivered to King's e-mail inboxes every weekday morning during the academic year. The service began to provide a centralized, coordinated system for managing internal communications while also limiting the overuse of group (everyone) e-mail addresses.
In response to reader suggestions, several new policies have been made to make the publication less repetitive and more reader-friendly and encompassing.
Some helpful reminders for faculty, staff, and students who would like to submit items for King's Today consideration:
- The item should be of general interest to the entire campus community - faculty, staff, and students. If an item does not meet this criteria, it will be returned to the sender with a recommendation of a more appropriate channel of e-mail communication.
- Items for consideration should be sent in a timely manner (at least a few days prior to an event) either directly to email@example.com or by completing a web-based submission form.
- All graphic submissions, including photographs, should be in a jpeg or pdf format and be limited to horizontal layouts with a maximum size of 5 MB. Please do not submit vertical graphics that double as posters. Submission of graphics that do not meet the standards will result in either a delay in publication date or the information in the graphic will be reformatted to a word description.
- Submitted group photos should clearly identify people in photo from left to right. If photo is of a larger group, participants should be identified by row, from left to right in each row.
- In many cases, a submission that has already been sent via a group e-mail will not be repeated in King's Today.
Suggestions for improvements to King's Today are always welcomed.
If you have any general questions, please contact John McAndrew, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at x. 5958.