Obtaining a Visa
In order for an applicant to obtain an F-1 visa to enter the United States, King's College must issue the student a properly-executed Form I-20A-B/I20ID. An F-1 visa may be granted to an alien "who is a bona fide student qualified to pursue a full course of study" at an academic institution authorized to admit foreign students. The individual must prove to the U.S. Consular official that he or she wishes to enter the United States temporarily and solely for the purpose of study and that the applicant has a permanent residence in a foreign country that he or she has no intention of abandoning.

Requirements to receive Form I-20AB/I-20ID
The school may issue a Form I-20A-B/I-20ID to a foreign applicant only after the following conditions have been met:

  • The prospective student must make a written application to the school
  • The written application, the student's transcripts or other records of courses taken, proof of financial responsibility for the student, and other supporting documents must be received, reviewed, and evaluated by the institution.
  • The student's qualifications must meet all standards for admission.
  • The prospective student must be accepted and enrolled in a full course of study.
  • A King's College Declaration of Finances along with a non-refundable $500.00 enrollment deposit must be secured by the institution before an F-1 visa can be issued.
  • International applicants are required to submit documentary evidence of financial support. These documents, which determine official verification of funds, can be either bank statements with the bank official's signature/seal or a notarized or certified letter indicating sufficient financial resources available to provide for educational expenses in the United States.

Applicants should be advised that they are likely to be required to present documentary evidence of financial support at the time they apply for their visa.

Arrival date
The date classes begin is the reporting date of arrival on the Form I-20. If the student arrives after this date, they might not be able to enter the country. Plan to arrive several days before the start date in order to participate in the Orientation activities. If the student is living on campus, their housing should be confirmed. Upon receipt of the I-20, the student should go to the consulate to obtain their visa, marked F-1 (student status).