Our undergraduate Athletic Training program, which has been accredited since 2001, has a long history of preparing graduates for the Board of Certification (BOC) Exam. The program was granted a 10-year reaccreditation in 2015 and currently is applying to the CAATE for a degree-level change from bachelor’s to master’s. Given our strong history of CAATE accreditation, we fully expect the MSAT Program to be accredited by June 2021.
We exceed the national average for both first-time and overall pass rates on the Board of Certification Exam, which is proof that we prepare our graduates for success. We accomplish this in a variety of ways including:
- Comprehensive reviews built into courses so that past material is connected to new material for reinforcement
- Competency-based learning, in which students are taught in a step-wise progression, gaining and demonstrating mastery as they move through the program
- Specific learning modules on test-taking skills to help students prepare to take standardized, computer-based tests
- Use of official Board of Certification practice exams to help students identify areas in which they are strong and those in which they need improvement
- Use of exam questions in AT Program courses that mimic the types of questions used in the Board of Certification exam