Parente Life Science Center
Named in honor of the late Charles Parente ’62, a long-time benefactor of the college, the Parente Life Science Center opened in 1992 and provides dedicated classroom and laboratory space for the study of life sciences.
- Ground Floor - Contains animal labs, including labs equipped to manage fish and rats, for research experiments overseen by life sciences faculty members.
- First Floor - Includes a psychology research lab and observational classroom.
- Second Floor - Biology labs are located here. At King’s, labs for one credit are generally held once a week during a three-hour window and are designed to complement a three-credit lecture course covering the same material.
- Third Floor - Houses to a cell culture suite (P-139) and genetics lab (P-314). Department of Biology faculty offices and research labs also are located here.
- Fourth Floor - A greenhouse for student and faculty research occupies much of this floor.
Parents' Corner is located near the Parente Center entrance on the Quad. Parents’ Corner was built in 2009 as a ‘thank you’ to all parents for supporting their children’s college experience. Weather permitting (especially in the spring), professors often hold classes here.NEXT