Chapel of Christ the King
The Chapel of Christ the King, the college’s principal place of worship, was built as Memorial Church in 1872 by and for people who worked in the Wyoming Valley anthracite coal industry.
Mass is held daily at noon and on Sundays at 11:00 am and 8:00 pm. Students are invited to participate in the liturgy as lectors, altar servers, cantors, and in the choir.
The Chapel features an altar crafted from a 42-hundred pound block of anthracite coal.NEXT