As a non-U.S. citizen*, you will need a visa to study at King’s or any other college in the United States. The Department of State issues visas at U.S. embassies and consulates.  A visa allows you to travel to the United States for a specific purpose.

The following pages outline the steps required to apply for a visa. Once you’ve submitted your visa application you’ll be invited to sit for an interview. The visa interview is your opportunity to tell the consular officer about your plans while in the United States and what you will do when you have completed your studies. Tips for preparing for the visa interview are provided here.

*Please note, Canadian citizens generally do not require a visa to enter the United States directly from Canada for the purposes of visiting or studying. However, all Canadians entering the U.S. by air require passports, and Canadians entering the U.S. by land or sea must have a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant travel document.