FALL 2021 INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
Welcome to King’s College! The mandatory international registration and orientation will be held beginning on Tuesday, August 17th. We strongly encourage all students to arrive in Wilkes-Barre no later than Sunday, August 15th so you can get settled in before orientation begins. There will be a mandatory T-spot test done at orientation and this is required before you can attend classes.
NOTE: Registration and orientation is required for ALL new international students.
REPORTING YOUR ARRIVAL AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
As an F-1 student you are required to check-in with the international office and provide certain documents for your SEVIS record to be registered as active.
Check-in is held the first day of orientation. When you arrive at orientation you must bring the following documents with you:
- Official copy of your high school transcript
- Official copy of ALL college transcripts (if you studied outside the U.S. you must submit a WES evaluation)
- Your valid passport
- Form I-20
- F-1 Visa
- I-94 (use this link to print the I-94 document)
- Proof of health insurance
- Immunization (vaccine) Form
- Health History Form (required for students living on campus)
- I-901 fee receipt (use this website to print the receipt)
If you are missing any of the above documents a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register for future semesters until the item(s) are received.
If you have not yet told us you are coming to King’s College, please contact us as soon as possible to let us know that you plan to attend. You may also visit the Lodging and Transportation page for more information on local hotels and airports.
IMPORTANT DATES YOU NEED TO KNOW
- If you need housing, please make arrangements as soon as possible by calling: 001-570-208-5856 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for on campus housing is August 1st
- August 17th- Mandatory registration and orientation for all new international students begins. You must arrive by 9:00 am
- Monday, August 23rd - First Day of Classes – all international students must attend each class listed on their schedules.
* Students will not be registered for classes until they complete their placement tests. Delaying completion of the Placement Tests will limit the class options available to you. Accommodations, such as extra time, can be arranged by contacting the Academic Skills Center 001-570-208-5841 prior to a student attempting the placement test(s) online.