3+3 Juris Doctor at Villanova University School of Law
Villanova University and King’s College have arranged for the direct-entry admission of qualified King’s students to pursue a doctorate in law at the Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law.
There are two pathways for qualified students:
- A 3+3 pathway in which King’s students spend three years at King’s and then three years at Villanova, with credits earned at the successful completion of the first year of law school transferring back to King’s to satisfy final graduation requirements.
- A 4+3 pathway in which King’s students apply to Villanova in their senior year and matriculate at the School of Law after having graduated from King’s.
- Application fee waived
- Preferred admission without the competition of the rest of the applicant pool
- Guaranteed annual scholarship of $20,000 during three years of law school along with eligibility for traditional financial aid and scholarships
- Completed at least three years of coursework
- Earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6 at time of application
- Earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6 – as calculated by the Law School Admission Council – at the time of matriculation at the School of Law
- Scored at or above 158 on the Law School Admission Test
- Obtained a strong recommendation from King’s pre-law advisor
- Interviewed successfully with the School of Law prior to receiving a final admission decision
- Remained in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Met all of the fitness, character and other criteria for admission required by the Office of Admission to the School of Law