THE EXERCISE SCIENCE MAJOR
The King’s College Exercise Science major provides students with an understanding of the physiological, biomechanical, and psychological effects of exercise on the human body. This unique and challenging program is designed to prepare students for a wide range of careers in the fast-growing fields of health, wellness, and fitness. The Exercise Science major at King’s College provides students with a foundation of both theoretical and clinical knowledge while adhering to the King’s mission to “teach its students not only how to make a living, but how to live.”
Specifically, King’s College offers three tracks within the major of Exercise Science:
- The Applied Exercise Science Track
- The Exercise Physiology Track
- The Exercise Science & Chiropractic Track (3+4)
Both the Applied Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology tracks will prepare students to enter the field of Exercise Science directly. However, these two tracks differ in terms of their preparation of students for varying post-graduate degree programs. Please refer to specific description of these two tracks in the later part of this handbook.
The Exercise Science & Chiropractic Track allows students to achieve a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Exercise Science at King’s College, as well a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree at New York Chiropractic College. This unique track allows qualified students to complete both degrees in a total of 7 years (3+4) instead of 8 (4+4).
DEGREE OFFERED: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Exercise Science
- Brand new, 1500+ sq. ft. state-of-the-art exercise science lab
- Cutting-edge technology and equipment
- Dedicated class room space adjacent to the lab offers hand-on education
- Gross Anatomy Lab on site
- Outstanding young and energetic faculty on the cutting edge of current exercise science research