Application Phase

You will apply directly to your study abroad program. The Office of Study Abroad is here to help you each step of the way. Consult the "Plan your study abroad" section of our website for a full overview of the study abroad planning process.

  • If you are applying to an external semester, summer, or virtual study abroad program, you will apply directly to the program using their application portal/process. For external program applications, you will need to request an official King's College transcript. You can submit a transcript request for this purpose at the Registrar's Office.

You will also, at this time, apply for any study abroad scholarships. Use this link for a list of recommended study abroad scholarships, including King’s College study abroad scholarships.

King’s College study abroad application deadlines are as follows:

  • November 1, spring semester study abroad
  • March 15, external summer and fall semester study abroad
  • Early January, King’s faculty-led summer programs


Pre-Application Phase

Take note that there are a number of things you need to do before initiating your study abroad application. We expect that you will be in contact with the Office of Study Abroad for assistance during the pre-application phase.

If you have not already done so, please fill out the “pre-application” form; completion of this form will be sent to the Office of Study Abroad after it is approved electronically by your faculty advisor and the Office of Student Affairs.

Apply for a passport if you do not already have one. If you have a passport, check the expiration date to make sure it will be valid for 6 months past the time of your travel.

Meet with your facultly advisor to discuss the courses you will take abroad and have him/her sign your King's College Off-Campus Study Form, which will allow you to fulfill King's College requirements with your study abroad courses.

Meet with a representative from the King’s College Office of Financial Aid to understand how your aid will apply and estimate your total costs. Contact Ms. Marijo Elias, Assistant Director, Office of Financial Aid, King’s College is committed to helping you finance your study abroad.

If you have a disability that may require an academic or other type of accommodation to enable you to participate in study abroad, please contact Mrs. Sheri Yech via email, our Disability Service Coordinator, to begin planning your accommodation request. You may also visit the King's College Disability Services Program webpage.

It is important to start this process early, preferably a year in advance of your anticipated departure.