The Institutional and Academic Grants Office at King's College, part of the Institutional Advancement Department, advances academic initiatives and faculty research by helping faculty obtain external sources of funding.
The Institutional and Academic Grants Office mission is to facilitate the procurement of external support by assisting faculty in the identification of private and government funding sources and with the development of grant proposals; by documenting and promoting the achievements of those who procure grants; and by facilitating the grant compliance process.
Whether you have been awarded several grants or have never written your own proposal, the Institutional and Academic Grants Office will work with you to assist with proposal preparation.
Resources and Services Include:
- Facilitate the faculty grant approval and signature process
- Research Federal, State, and private foundation funding opportunities to serve Faculty needs and funding priorities as guided by the strategic plan
- Coordinate with appropriate College oversight committees, boards, and offices to ensure that specific proposals and projects have been reviewed and approved for compliance.
- Via published grants newsletter and e-mail alerts, disseminate funding resources and grant information to faculty and administration.
- Assist with grant proposal development, including letters of inquiry, drafts, narratives and budget formation
- Review and edit faculty grant proposals
- Schedule and facilitate project planning
- Present staff development workshops on grant preparation and writing
- Duplicate and submit faculty grant proposals
- Build community partnerships in support of grant development
- Maintain an on-line grants catalog/library for campus-wide information needs
- Monitor grant activity, assure grant compliance and track submission of reports to funders during the post-award process
- Propose policies and procedures to senior administration in compliance with grants and contracts management regulations