King’s College is providing Microsoft Office to every employee and student free of charge. This means the latest version of the full Office productivity suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and more available for offline and online use to best prepare you for your working needs. As long as you’re an employee at King’s, you will be able to use this software for free.
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus 5 tablets (including iPad!)
- Use with OneDrive for automatic device syncing
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software
- Use the same programs as your professors to ensure full file fidelity
To get your Office follow these simple steps:
For PC and Mac:
- Visit https://portal.office.com
- Login in with your King’s account info:
- firstname.lastname@example.org and use your network password
- Click through to install and follow the onscreen process
- On the installation page select your language and click install
For iOS and Android:
- Download from your app store
- iPad: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sign in with your campus credentials for full editing capability
You will need your King’s College email account to sign in. If you have trouble, contact email@example.com
- Connecting Mobile Android Devices to Office 365
- Connecting Mobile iOS Devices to Office 365
- Configure Apple Mail for Office 365
- Downloading and Installing Outlook App - Android
- Downloading and Installing Outlook App - iOS
- Forget a Network and Reset Network Settings - iOS
Office 365 Email Move
King’s College IITS is excited to announce that we will be moving our e-mail from on-campus servers to the new cloud-based Microsoft Office 365. This move will have many advantages including increased mailbox storage space (50GB from the previous 10GB), enhanced reliability, a new interface/web client, access to new e-mail features and expanded availability across multiple devices.
In order to begin the conversion process, IITS will need to begin moving your mailboxes over to Office 365. Student mailboxes will begin moving on July 1st.
Things you’ll need to know:
- During the conversion process, your existing e-Mail will be migrated to your new mailbox. You will not lose any e-Mail. We anticipate this process may take several weeks to complete all accounts.
- Once your mailbox has been moved you will be redirected to the new Office 365 interface (if you use the web interface). If you use Outlook, you will receive a message requesting you close and restart Outlook. If you are currently using Microsoft Outlook on your mobile phone/device, you may need to delete and re-add your King’s College e-mail. Guides to assist you are available on this page under Tutorial Documents (above).
- The Webmail page will change with Office 365. We recommend you use the e-Mail links on the my.kings.edu page as any links you may have bookmarked have changed.
- Microsoft Apps are available for mobile devices in the app store for your device. (Search for Microsoft Outlook). There are also Microsoft Office Apps available for most devices as well.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the King’s College IITS Help Line (firstname.lastname@example.org or xHELP)