HEALTH CENTER - STUDENT OBSERVER/STUDENT TEACHER CLINICAL REQUIREMENTS
Student Health Center Requirements
All full-time Student Teacher candidates who wish to complete the clinical requirements included in the Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 338G at the student health center must have a health form on file that includes the following:
- Physical examination
- Required and recommended immunizations
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of meningitis vaccination or signed waiver
Resident Students Fee
The cost for health center services is covered by the health fee that is required of all resident students.
Off Campus or Commuter Fee
Commuter and off-campus students who have submitted a completed health form are eligible to use the health center on a fee-for-service basis. The fee-for-service cost is added to the student’s account.
Clinician visit - $30.00
Mantoux Tests - $10.00
**For Student Teacher observations, a Mantoux test will be performed on any student as a professional courtesy for a fee of $10.00. Students who have not met all of the health services requirements are asked to sign a treatment waiver, and must follow up with their private health care provider if the Mantoux test is positive.
Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 338G Clinical Requirements
- Physical examinations are during provider hours only. Check King's Today weekly for doctor and physician assistant hours.
- TB tests (Mantoux) - TB tests are available at the student health center from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. TB tests must be read within 48 hours. If the student does not return in 48 hours it will be necessary to repeat the TB test.
- Must be signed by a licensed health care provider
The Pennsylvania Department of Education Form 338G will not be released to the student until all these criteria are met.