New Student Orientation Mission Statement
(Adopted by the Student Orientation Leaders May, 2014)
New Student Orientation at King's College will equip new students with the knowledge and resources that will assist with the transition to a small, Catholic college in the Holy Cross tradition. Incoming students will gain knowledge of how to succeed academically and socially, as written in the King’s College Mission Statement, as well as become a part of the King's College Community.
To achieve its Mission
- The New Student Orientation staff will be available to assist new students in any and every way that they are able.
- Academic advisors will help guide all new students with class schedules, course credits, and college curriculum.
- Members of the faculty will conduct academic and technology sessions to explain expectations for a King's College classroom.
- Campus Ministry staff will help integrate new students to the surrounding community through a class-wide service project known as City SERVE (Students Engage in Reflective Volunteer Experiences).
- New students will be engaged in educational skits performed by the Orientation Staff so they can learn about college social life and different real-life scenarios that they may experience at King's College.
- Social events are designed to help students interact and meet fellow classmates, faculty, staff and administration.
- Incoming freshman will experience some of the many traditions that build the King’s College Community by getting involved in the various events and activities during orientation week.