New Student Orientation Mission Statement
(Adopted by the Student Orientation Leaders May 27, 2011)
New Student Orientation at King's College will provide new students with the knowledge and resources that will assist with the transition to a small, Catholic college in the Holy Cross tradition. Incoming students will gain knowledge of how to succeed academically and socially, as written in the King’s College Mission Statement, as well as become a part of the King's College Community.
To achieve its Mission
- The New Student Orientation staff will be available to assist new students in any and every way that they are able.
- The President of King's College, Rev. John J. Ryan, C.S.C., will address all new students as a formal welcome on opening day of New Student Orientation.
- Academic advisors will meet with all new students regarding class schedules, course credits, and college curriculum.
- Members of the faculty will conduct academic sessions to explain expectations for a King's College classroom.
- Campus Ministry staff will help integrate new students to the surrounding community through a class-wide service project known as City SERVE (Students Engage in Reflective Volunteer Experiences).
- Educational skits will be performed by the Orientation staff so new students can learn about college social life and different real-life scenarios that they may experience at King's College.
- Social events that are designed to help students interact and meet fellow classmates, faculty, staff and administration.