Graduate Executive Leadership Certificate for Health Care Professionals (12 credits)
Fevzi Akinci, Ph.D., Program Director
(570) 208-5900, ext. 5786
The Graduate Executive Leadership Certificate for Health Care Professionals is designed to provide physicians and other health care professionals with basic business and management knowledge and skills in the field of health care. The Certificate Program consists of four graduate level courses (12 credits) and is offered online through King's College Distance Learning Platform (Moodle).
- A student awarded an Executive Leadership Certificate for Health Care Professionals from the William G. McGowan School of Business should possess leadership qualities.
- A student awarded an Executive Leadership Certificate for Health Care Professionals from the William G. McGowan School of Business should be a problem solver.
All graduate certificate program courses will be offered entirely online through King’s College Distance Learning Platform (Moodle) over a twelve-month period. Information about graduate course offerings is available from the Graduate Division Office at (570) 208-5991 and on the King's College Graduate Division website at www.kings.edu/admissions/graduate.
To be admitted to the graduate certificate program, students must have completed a medical degree such and an M.D. (allopathic medical degree) or D.O. (doctor of osteopathic medicine) in Medicine or any other health care field with an overall GPA of 2.75 or better on a grading scale of 4.00. Applicants must submit an application form, official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended, one-page personal statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation. An interview with the Director of the Graduate Health Care Administration program is also required.
Students who complete the graduate certificate program and then choose to enter the master's program may transfer the certificate courses (12 credits) into the 37-credit Master of Science (M.S.) in Health Care Administration Program at King’s College (http://www.kings.edu/hca). Up to nine additional credits can also be transferred into the M.S. program from a medical degree or a prior masters degree.
Admission Procedures - International Students
International students who wish to apply to the Graduate Executive Leadership Certificate for Health Care Professionals must meet all of the admission requirements listed above and complete the International Graduate Application Form at International Graduate Application.
Required Course Work (12 credits)
- HCA 502 - Human Resources Management (3 credits)
- HCA 507 - Healthcare Financial Management (3 credits)
- HCA 571 - Health Care Marketing and Branding (3 credits)
- HCA 595 - Leadership and Innovation Management in Healthcare (3 credits)