The FBF provides information, insights and strategies, which enable local family businesses to greatly improve their odds of maintaining and growing a profitable business, and successfully transfer management and ownership. This is achieved through:
- Exceptional executive education programs
- Enhanced Networking opportunities with fellow family businesses
- The ability to discuss common issues and concerns
- Exposure to nationally recognized experts
- Interaction with students and faculty of King's College McGowan School of Business
Developed by regional business owners and their families, the FBF is a member-driven organization which ensures that participants' needs are identified and addressed on an ongoing basis.
Topics may include:
Testimonials from FBF Members:
"I commend King's College for the development of the Family Business Forum. We were moved to action by the first event we attended. The result of our family succession planning has made our business stronger; we are more committed than ever about the growth and continuity of our business."
- Kristin Dempsey, Dempsey Uniform & Linen Supply
"I was very impressed, not only with the caliber of the speakers and presentations, but also with the relevance of the topics to the issues we face at Cornell Iron Works. Our involvement with the FBF has resulted in significant changes at Cornell. After all, change is the ultimate proof of take home value!
The FBF has also created a conduit through which people involved in the unique challenges of family business can meet and network. The program has become a valuable resource for me."
- Andrew Cornell, Cornell Iron Works