Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I get to Wilkes-Barre?
- We highly recommend the you fly into the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (code: AVP).
- If you are traveling from a major international airport,
- What documents are required for entering the U.S?
- Valid passport
- Valid F-1 visa
- Valid King’s College I-20
- SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
- Financial verification (e.g., bank statement, scholarship letter, etc.)
- King's College acceptance letter
- I need a ride from the airport. What should I do?
- Contact the Office of International Student Recruitment at 570-208-8402
- If you arrive on a day that airport pick-up is not available, you will need to arrange transportation on your own.
- Contact the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport Transportation Service.
- If you have arranged to stay in a local hotel for the first few days, they may have free shuttle service.
- How do I arrange temporary housing at King's College?
- When should I pay the tuition?
- Tuition and other mandatory fees are due the first day of class.
- How do I pay the tuition?
- King’s College Student Accounts accepts various methods of payment. The method of payment must be set up before the first day of class.
- How should I bring money from home for tuition and living?
- Do not carry large sums of cash when you travel. Travelers checks are a secure way of transporting money.
- If you carry more than $10,000.00 worth of money, you will be required to declare at customs upon entry into the country.
- Read some useful tips on arrangements with your bank in your home country at EducationUSA.
- How do I open a bank account in Wilkes-Barre?
- Opening a bank account is fairly easy. There are several banks to choose from in Wilkes-Barre close to the campus. Banking is one of the many topics that will be covered during International Student Orientation.
- Until you arrive at King’s College, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the banking system in the U.S. by visiting the International Student Loan website.
- Passport with valid visa
- Airplane tickets
- Immigration document (I-20)
- Traveler’s checks/ATM card/Credit Card
- Photocopy of your passport and extra list of your traveler’s check numbers-packed in a separate place from your passport and checks, in case those are lost or stolen
- The phone number of King’s College (570-208-8402)
- Your iPod and cell phone with charger
- Notebook and pen
- Snack foods
Additional items if you have room: change of clothes, essential toiletries, several days’ worth of medication you have to take regularly.
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Summer/winter clothes and shoes
- Personal toiletries
- Battery-operated alarm clock
- Medical supplies
- Photos of family and friends
- Traditional clothing
- Spices from your home
- Movies or books from your country