As international students in the United States, you have several important responsibilities to keep in mind during your time here so that your legal status as a student here is not jeopardized. Your responsibilities as an international student are imposed on you by the conditions of your student visa. The below summary of information should be read in conjunction with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) website. Use the navigation menu on the left for more information regarding specific issues.
Maintain Legal Immigration Status
Understand your immigration status and know what you may do, what you may not do, and what you are REQUIRED to do while in the U.S. Know which documents you need to have, how to keep them current, and when and why they may need to be updated. These include your Passport, Certificate of Eligibility, the I-20 or DS-2019, the I-94 Arrival/Departure Record. Use the navigation menu on the left for more information.
F-1 visa students are required to be enrolled full-time each semester in order to maintain status. Full-time enrollment is taking 12 credits and attending all scheduled classes.
Change of Address
Any change of address must be reported to Department of Homeland Security (DHS) within 10 days. Update your local address through your WebAdvisor account, and DHS will automatically be notified of the change. Please note that your local US address must be your physical address, not a P. O. Box. To update your permanent foreign address, which must be a non-U.S. address, email InternationalAdmissions@kings.edu and include your name and student ID number.
Know before you go! If you are traveling internationally and will return to the U.S. to continue your academic studies, you will need to have your I-20 form signed by one of the Designated School Officials prior to your departure. It is your responsibility to have all documents necessary to re-enter the U.S. If you are traveling to a country that is not your home country, you must contact that country's embassy or consulate to find out what documentation is required to go there. Use the navigation menu on the left for more information.
Healthcare & Medical Insurance
- Health Insurance: Include a copy of the front and back of your medical insurance card.
- Immunization Documents: Our immunization requirements follow the guidelines set by the American College Health Association and the Center for Disease Control. You are required to have two doses each of the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccines.
- Student Health History and Physical Exam Form; the physical examination must be done within one year of starting at King’s College and signed by a health care provider.
- Tuberculosis Screening Test (Performed at mandatory registration and orientation)
- In Addition—Students who reside in King’s College housing must receive the Meningococcal vaccine prior to coming to King’s College or sign the waiver noting the lack of vaccine available at registration.
- Visit the Student Health Center's page to download health forms and for information on submitting documents.
PLEASE NOTE: To receive treatment in the health center ALL health forms must be submitted. Students who do not return all of the forms are not eligible and will be responsible for all off campus health related fees not covered by their health insurance. It is important for the student to have their insurance card with them, and to know any allergies, medications, chronic health diseases, and local health care providers who accept their insurance.