What to Expect
As a business major at Kings, you will acquire an extensive background and actual experiences that will prepare you to face the challenges of todays global business environment. You can be assured of this because the William G. McGowan School of Business is one of only 41 colleges nationwide to be accredited by AACSB International, the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Being able to say you graduated from a nationally accredited school of business goes a long way when it comes time to find a job.
Kings offers six undergraduate business majors:
Kings business majors graduate with the skills to work as specialists or managers in any of the numerous niches of the business world including:
- Accounting (corporate, forensic, governmental and public)
- Finance (banking, corporate financial management, financial planning, trading)
- Human Resources (recruiting, staffing, benefits, employee relations, training)
- International (management, sales, product marketing)
- Marketing (advertising, public relations)
- Sales (advertising, product, retail)
Here are just a few positions and workplaces where our alumni have found success:
- Geisenger South, Human Resources Manager, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
- Lord & Taylor, Distribution Manager, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
- Nabisco, Financial Analyst, Parsippany, N.J.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Structured Finance Group, Associate, New York City, N.Y.
- Reznick Group, Associate Auditor, Baltimore, Md.
- Sony, VP of Marketing, Broadcast and Professional Systems Division, Park Ridge, N.J.
- TV Guide Magazine, Bilingual Scheduling Reporter, Radnor, Pa.
- Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company, Regional Sales Manager, Chicago, Ill.
- Wachovia Securities, Managing Director of Investments, Yardley, Pa.