There are many ways for you to build your relationship with King's College students. As you know, the more a student knows about an organization, the more interested they are in pursuing a job with that company. The following are typical methods employers use to reach out to students. We invite any creative approach you may have as well.
- Professional Development Presentations . Come to campus and share your professional expertise with students. By giving a Professional Development Seminar or Workshop, students will benefit two fold: they will leave with knowledge garnered from a professional in a field in which they are interested and they will also know more about your organization. We encourage all participants to bring along recruitment information and materials. If you are interested in setting up a presentation, please contact Mary Alice Barrows, Career Development Specialist, at 570-208-5874 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Class Presentations . Many faculty members welcome class presentations given by employers in fields related to the material covered in their course. This recruitment activity is a fantastic way to target students based on major. We ask that you try to schedule a presentation well in advance so professors can work you into their syllabus. Please contact Jamie Guilford, Employer/Corporate Relations Coordinator, at 570-208-5874 or email@example.com for more information.
- Mock Interview/ Resume Review . Spend a half or full day with students assisting them in their interviewing skills or reviewing their resumes. Students will leave with a positive impression of your organization and increased confidence in their interviewing and resume building skills. Please contact Jamie Guilford, Employer/Corporate Relations Coordinator, at 570-208-5874 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Career Planning Visit . Invite our staff to visit your organization to learn first hand so that we can better inform our students what opportunities exist with you and more of what your company culture / environment is all about. Please contact Jamie Guilford, Employer/Corporate Relations Coordinator, at 570-208-5874 or email@example.com for more information.
- Information Table . Not ready to interview quite yet? Get your organization name and image out to students by setting up an information table in the busy Sheehy-Farmer Campus Center from 11-2. Please contact Theresa Kinney , Administrative Assistant, at 570-208-5874 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.